© Getty Images/ 4FR
Beetroot patties are delicious not only in burgers, but also in salad bowls.
Shopping list – beetroot pie
For a delicious meat alternative, you will need the following ingredients:
- 200 g raw buckwheat
- 2 raw grated carrots
- 250 g of raw beets
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 80 grams of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 spoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Beetroot pies are easy to make
A step-by-step guide to a delicious meat alternative:
- Place raw buckwheat in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Place in a medium pot and add 2 cups of water. Then bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat. Boil until the liquid is absorbed. Once cooked, set aside and let cool.
- While the buckwheat is boiling, peel the carrots and beets and chop them finely. We also clean and chop the onion and garlic. Blend all ingredients together with the cooked buckwheat in a food processor for about 90 seconds until smooth. Then leave it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Roll the mixture into 10 equal sized balls and shape into discs about 2cm thick. Arrange the patties on a baking sheet and bake for a total of 35-40 minutes. After about 20 minutes, flip the cake.
Patties are especially delicious paired with guacamole, salads, and burgers. There is no culinary limit to creativity.
Author: Alexandra Maul, News editor