Updated: 18.05.2022 – 15:21
Veggie Burgers: Be sure to try this beetroot burger
It doesn’t always have to be classic beef. This burger tempts with beet patties, fried cucumber and other specials. Very delicious!
And here’s how it’s done:
- First, peel and chop the garlic and shallots. Then pour 1 tablespoon of oil with “smoke detector” seasoning and set aside.
- Clean the beetroot, peel it and chop it finely. It is best to wear gloves for this. Wash the dill, dry it and then grind it. Mix the garlic, shallots, beets, dill, millet, oats, flour and egg. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado flesh in a bowl with the cream cheese and lemon juice. salt and pepper.
- Stir in the yogurt, tahini and lemon zest. Season with cumin and salt.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves. Cut the cross.
- Wash the cucumber and cut it lengthwise. Mix the almonds and parmesan and roll the cucumber slices in it.
- Form 4 patties from the puffed mass. Fry them in the remaining oil in a large pan for 6-8 minutes, turning them. Fry the cucumber slices in a pan for the remaining 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, cut the hamburger buns and bake them briefly in the oven. Then cover the bottom roll with a lettuce leaf and top with the avocado mixture, followed by patties, yogurt, cucumber and croutons. Spread the top half of the bun with the remaining yogurt and use it to cover the burger.
Veggie burgers don’t need to hide, they can easily compete with their meaty brethren. Especially when they’re as delicious as these vegan beet burgers! For the recipe, we use a special seasoning from EAT CLUB: “Smoke Detector”, as the name suggests, with a sweet smoky taste, so it goes well with all kinds of hamburgers. Patty, bet?
Good to know: Discover the EAT CLUB world of spices at FUNKE. All information about spices can be found on the EAT CLUB home page.
You can also enhance other burgers with “smoke detector” seasoning. Maybe one of these:
In addition to this vegetarian beetroot burger, many other recipes on BILD der FRAU prove what a meatless hamburger tastes like. For example, there are our veggie burgers with carrot and oat patty, or the Mexican Elot burgers, which are also vegan. By the way, it is better to cook not only patties, but also burger buns yourself. Of course, we have the right recipe for you: the softest burger bun ever.
AD: Why not have your next purchase delivered to your home? Click here for REWE Online Shop >>