The Seitan Burger is a delicious vegetarian burger option. Seitan patties are a delicious and healthy substitute for meat. We will show you a simple recipe.
Seitan made from wheat gluten and is a great meat substitute. High in protein and low in fat, seitan is very close to meat in texture and flavor – unlike veggie patties. Even so, pure seitan is relatively bland, so you should season your seitan burger patties well.
Now, you can find seitan patties in the supermarket, but the advantages of making them yourself are: You decide which ingredients go in and which. flavor enhancer the and preservatives to flee. Vegan brownies are easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. The preparation is also very quick, but the patties need some time to rest and cook.
Buy the best ingredients regional and organic quality. Chemical-synthetic pesticides are not used in the production and you support ecological agriculture. Besides: Seitan is also available in Germany.
By the way: Instead of buying a ready-made seitan base, you can Make your own seitan.
Vegetarian Seitan Burgers: Recipe for Patties
Seitan Patties for Vegetarian Burgers
- Put up: about 30 minutes
- Rest time: about 30 minutes
- Cooking/cooking time: about 45 minutes
- People: 8 pieces
cold vegetable soup
smoked paprika powder
oil for frying
First fry the vegetables. Finely chop the onion, garlic and mushrooms, and first fry the onion briefly in a little oil. Then add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms have evaporated. Meanwhile, mix the tomato paste.
Now mix everything. To do this, put the fried vegetables in a blender along with cold vegetable broth, soy sauce, mustard, olive oil and spices – paprika powder, cumin, salt and pepper and puree all the ingredients. Alternatively, you can use a hand blender. Tip: You can add liquid smoke or smoked salt to your seitan burger for a delicious smoky flavor. Smoked paprika powder is also suitable.
Now put the liquid mixture in a large bowl and knead it with the seitan base until a homogeneous, stiff dough is formed. Cover and let the seitan mixture rest for about half an hour.
Make about eight seitan patties, depending on the size you want. You can steam the patties in the pot for about 45 minutes or bake them at 180°C top/bottom heat for half an hour. turn the patties once and keep an eye on them as every oven is different. The cake should not be too dry.
By the way: Steaming the dumplings makes them juicy inside, while baking them in the oven makes them firmer.
After that, fry the patties in a hot pan with a little oil until they are crispy. Seitan burgers with fried onions or caramelized onions are especially delicious.
Make Your Own Seitan Burgers: Preparation Tips
- Correct season: You can season your seitan burger patties to your liking. Hearty umami flavors like soy sauce or tomato paste go well with this (tip: Make your own tomato paste). Also chili or fresh or dried herbs eg thyme the and healthy parsley be good with it.
- Veggie Seitan Patties: If you’re in a hurry or don’t have fresh vegetables at home, you can leave out the onions and mushrooms. Seitan patties only work well with dry seasonings. Then add onion and garlic powder, otherwise the patties will taste bland.
- Seitan patties with vegetables: You can combine the seitan base with other vegetables or legumes. However, so that the mass does not become too watery, it is necessary to steam the vegetables beforehand. Also suitable as a supplement Baked beets or black beans.
- Preparation of pies: You can also make the seitan patties in advance. For example, you can shape and bake the patties a day in advance. Store the patties airtight in the refrigerator. They will be there for a few days. If desired, you can fry them fresh and use them in your seitan burger.
- Vegetarian Burger Buns: Seitan burgers are especially delicious with homemade vegan options Burger bun the and vegetarian dishes.
- It’s especially delicious on your seitan burger: For example, give a fresh green salad, a tomato, cucumberonions or, for example, grilled vegetables on your veggie seitan burger.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or underlined in orange Some of the links to the sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we receive a small part of the sales revenue. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thanks for voting!