The most important part of the salad is the dressing. There are more options than French or Italian. These four dressings are quick to make and offer a variety of flavors.
1. Asian dressing
Recipe: Asian dressing
1 cm fresh ginger
2 spoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons rapeseed oil (or sunflower oil)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 spoon of rice vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon chili flakes
Salt 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Finely grate the ginger.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and taste.
- You can sprinkle peanuts on top if you like.
Goes well with: raw vegetable salads (carrots, kohlrabi, radishes, white cabbage, red cabbage), cucumber salad, broccoli salad.
2. Garnish with tahini
1 small garlic clove
½ lemon juice
100 g of natural yogurt
4 tablespoons tahini paste
1 spoon of sesame oil
1 spoon of soy sauce
1 pinch cumin
- Chop the garlic very finely. (If you don’t like garlic, you can leave it out.)
- Mix remaining ingredients until creamy.
- If necessary, add a little salt or more soy sauce.
Goes well with: vegetable salads (including grilled vegetables), fruit salads with nectarines, peaches, pomegranate seeds, legume salads (lentils, chickpeas), roasted eggplant and zucchini salads, quinoa and couscous salads, fresh mint herbs.
3. Herb dressing
Recipe: Garnish with herbs
1 small garlic clove
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of honey
2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (eg parsley, chives, chervil, basil, oregano, thyme)
1 spoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or white balsamic vinegar)
2 spoons of olive oil
- Finely chop the garlic and shallots. (You can also leave out the garlic here.)
- Combine remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Good for: all green salads, tomatoes, mixed summer salads.
4. Dress made of raspberries
Recipe: Raspberry dish
200 g raspberries (fresh or thawed frozen raspberries)
3 tablespoons of rapeseed or sunflower oil
4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
salt, pepper, sugar
- Place the raspberries in a tall bowl and puree them.
- Finely chopped shallots. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon and lime juice if desired.
Goes well with wild herbs, spinach, lamb’s lettuce, mozzarella or feta, and fruit.