Melon salad is suitable not only for a barbecue party, but also as a light dinner on hot summer days. We will show you how to prepare melon as a salad.
When you think of melon salad, you think of fruit salad. However, there are many ways to use melon in the kitchen, such as making a tangy melon salad.
Watermelon originates from Central Africa. Today, the cultivated areas are mainly in Spain, Greece and Italy. Due to the relatively cool climate in Germany, watermelons are not grown commercially. Watermelon is the most famous and popular melon in Germany. It’s fruity, clean and a true thirst quencher with over 90 percent water content. Botanically, melon is also considered a vegetable.
Melon salad: ingredients
Fruity melon salad is a decorative side dish for this barbecue party. Melon salad is also perfect as a refreshing, light main dish for hot summer evenings.
For four servings of melon salad as a main course or six servings as a side dish, you’ll need these ingredients:
Tip: If you don’t like olives, you can leave them out. Instead, add arugula or lettuce to a melon salad.
Ingredients for honey mustard dressing:
Use foods for your melon salad organic seal: They are chemical free pesticides and you support environmentally sustainable growing methods with your purchase. In addition, if possible, you should regional products To choose. They involve shorter transport routes and are therefore better for the climate.
Melon salad: preparation
First prepare the outfit:
- In a small bowl, combine oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey and salt. Tip: Don’t skimp on the salt, as both feta and olives are very salty.
- Mix the ingredients with a whisk or fork until well combined.
How to make melon salad:
- Cut the watermelon in half. If the melon is very large, save the other half for another dish.
- Cut the melon cut into medium-sized cubes and place in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the sheep’s cheese into large pieces or cubes.
- Place the olives in a salad bowl.
- Now pour the dressing over the melon salad and mix all the ingredients well.
- Divide the melon salad into salad bowls.
- Wash the herbs and separate the leaves. Small leaves can be used whole. Cut the larger leaves into strips.
- Garnish each salad bowl with herbs.
Tip: If you want to make more melon salad, for example, for guests, you can put the ingredients in salad bowls and sprinkle the salad on top of the salad.
Option: melon salad
This version of melon salad is perfect as a decorative appetizer for guests:
- Cut the watermelon into pieces.
- Cut the melon into triangles.
- Cut the feta into thin strips.
- Now arrange the melon salad directly on small plates: put a melon triangle on a plate, put a slice of feta cheese on the melon slice, and finish with another melon triangle.
- Garnish the plate with something wild arugula.
- something dripped Balm cream Garnish on top of melon salad.
- You don’t need to salt the melon salad because the feta cheese is too salty.
Tip: Garnish each plate with an olive or two if desired.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or underlined in orange Some of the links to the sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we receive a small part of the sales revenue. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thanks for voting!