So, your next barbecue evening will be a delicious success
In addition to sausages, vegetables, halloumi and more, we can grill delicious hamburgers in the summer because they look good on the grill.
With a few tips and tricks, grilling burgers is guaranteed to be a success next time. We’ll tell you how to prepare delicious burger patties and provide an exceptional barbecue.
Grilled Burgers: You need this
With so many delicious grill recipes, burger patties are a great alternative to popular classics like sausage or meat. In addition to patties, grilled burgers need a few other ingredients to give them a delicious taste. For a simple version of the burger, you will need the following ingredients:
- Burger patties
- Burger buns
- Toppings (eg cheese, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions)
- Sauces (eg mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauces)
As the burgers arrive on the grill, you need a suitable grilling device – preferably one with a lid. The following options are especially good for grilling burgers:
- charcoal grill
- gas grill
- kettle grill
Which meat is best for grilling burgers?
The grill always creates a special aroma, which gives a special taste to sausages, vegetables and meat. Burgers also benefit from the aroma of being grilled, making them a real delight. That Grilling burgers works well with beef, because if the fat content is at least 20 percent, the meat will be really juicy on the grill. Mixed stuffing can also be used for burger patties. Due to the high fat content of about 35 percent, the patties tend to be a little soft. It is important to note that the meat for this burger must be very fresh.
And also Vegetable patties made of zucchini, kohlrabi or eggplant, as well as tofu or halloumi are not inferior to meat burgers. and is a good alternative if you want to use little or no meat. Different options can be prepared with marinades and seasonings, which are especially delicious on the grill. Ground pork is also a popular option for hamburgers, as long as you don’t want it to be ground pork.
Tip: Here we tell you how to make pork.
How to properly cook a burger
If you want to top your burger with meat, a beef patty is a good choice. To prepare 4 burgers, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of fresh minced meat
- salt and pepper
- As much as you like, such as onion, garlic or chili
- Sunflower oil for greasing burger patties
Preparation of meat
Optimal The size of one cake is about 120 grams. You can use more or less meat if you want the burger to be bigger or smaller. If you are preparing a large number of burgers for a barbecue party, the number of burgers can be adjusted. How to prepare it:
- First, put the stuffing with the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season individual patties with salt and pepper before grilling. Now you’re standing out from the crowd 4 balls of equal size, you flatten to create a classic patty shape. A little extra tip: You can make a small indentation between the patty and the spoon so the burger doesn’t come out when you grill it.
- Then they will Chilled or frozen pattiesso they keep their shape on the grill.
- After that, The patties are sprinkled with salt and pepper and drizzled with a little oil. The meat is placed in a hot grill and the lid is closed. The burgers are fried for about 5-10 minutes on each side – depending on how well done they are. If your grill doesn’t have a lid, you can add an extra 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available on both sides It is a beautiful golden brown.
How long should the burgers be grilled?
You can decide how long you want to grill the hamburger. The optimal time is 5-10 minutes, because patties should not be raw, but they should not be burned either. If you want to reach a certain level, you can use these cooking times as a guide:
- Rarely: Here, the meat is still bloody and has a core temperature of about 43 degrees. It is poured briefly over the heat source of the grill. This gives it a golden-brown crust and a slightly crunchy interior. When grilling, burgers are easy to control and reach the desired level of doneness quickly.
- Medium Roast: The core temperature is around 50 degrees. The longer it’s grilled, the better the hamburger patty will be, but the core will still be raw.
- In average: At about 57-59 degrees, the burger patty is still slightly pink on the inside and fully cooked on the outside.
- Well done: The temperature of the burger meat is 65 degrees, which means that the meat is completely cooked inside and out.
A few tips for the perfect burger
When it comes to grilling your burger, there are a few little tips that will help you make it perfect.
- To control the optimum patty temperature during grilling, a meat thermometer.
- If you don’t have it, you can Feel the consistency after 3-5 minutes, gently press the patties. The less it gives, the better it is done.
- To prevent the burger from becoming too dry, you need to let it rest for a while after grilling so that the meat juices can release and it will be nice and juicy.
- Mix the half-chopped onion into the butterbecomes juicy when grilled.
- do this A patty is slightly larger than a bunbecause they will shrink a bit on the grill.
- Again Grilling burger buns is easy. Simply place the inside on a clean grid. If you make your own buns, you can “cook” them on the grill using a pizza stone. It also gives the burger buns a unique color.
Order is important
In fact, there is no perfect order for grilled hamburgers and everyone has a different idea of how to arrange ingredients. Here are our tips for the perfect composition:
- First, put any sauce on the bottom of the burger bun.
- Then lettuce and tomato are added to the hamburger.
- Next comes the patty, with optional toppings like cheese.
- If desired, you can top the hamburger with other toppings and finish with a bun topping.
Providing a special touch
Burgers offer many variations and there are delicious grilling recipes that make the food extra delicious. Here are a few ideas on how to perfect a hamburger:
- The secret: Cheeseburgers always work and fail in no time. Just Place the cheese of your choice on the grilled side of the pita. Here you can choose a classic sliced cheese or try a spicy goat’s cheese.
- Avocado: Fruit is not only good for salads or breakfast bread, but also for hamburgers. Cut the avocado into slices and put them on the finished burger.
- Pineapple or Mango: Fruits like pineapples and mangoes can give a hamburger something and provide an explosion of flavor. Fruit garnishes aren’t for everyone, but they add color to a meal and taste especially good when lightly grilled.
- Bacon: Grilled bacon goes well with hamburgers and gives it a little more flavor and aroma. For vegetarian and vegan burgers, there are bacon alternatives in the form of smoked tofu that are more than just smoke from the grill.
- an onion: You can’t go wrong with caramelized or fried onions. This gives the hamburgers a special color and a little spiciness. Fry the onions in a pan, then briefly heat the burger buns in the hot pan. This gives the buns a light crust and a little bit of flavor inside.
- Jalapeños: You can add them after the chives if you like them extra spicy Place the jalapeños on the grill and use them to wrap the burger patty. This gives the burgers a special fiery signature.
Study Advice: Here’s how to microwave sweet potatoes in 7 minutes.