Updated: 08/06/2022 – 20:17
BBQ like a vacation!
Mediterranean cuisine: Croatian hamburger stuffed with sheep’s cheese
Have you been to Croatia? If so, you know it, a grilled Croatian hamburger stuffed with sheep’s cheese. We have this popular classic recipe!
And here’s how it’s done:
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop finely. Mix well the minced meat and all the ingredients except the feta cheese. Leave in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Now pour the feta cheese and crumble it in a bowl. Remove the stuffing from the refrigerator. If the dough is too wet to mold, add a tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- First, put four equal-sized oval patties on the food film. We put another piece of film on top of the cakes and flatten them. Spread the feta cheese in the middle and fold the patties.
- Flatten patties again before grilling. Brush both sides of the hamburger with oil and grill over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn the hamburgers a few times on the grill.
Attention all Croatia lovers, because today we are grilling authentic Mediterranean cuisine from the beautiful Balkan country. Our Croatian burgers are a must for many in the summer when they stop at the many restaurants near the beach and want to enjoy the beautiful weather, great location and lovely people. We’ll show you how to make your own hamburgers, also known as Pljeskavica, a national dish in Serbia. And everyone who has never vacationed there wants to.
Sure, we Germans can grill, but there’s always a little change from sausage and steak. So treat yourself to some Croatian burgers, you’ll love them! Cream and ajvar, which you can easily make yourself with our recipe, are irreplaceable as a dip. Delicious paprika dip at home in the whole Balkans. Djuvec rice also traditionally belongs on the plate, but fries are also served. Simply put together your own festive plate.
Need more meaty barbecue ideas? Then check out our gallery. Here we’ve rounded up some creative recipes for you…there’s guaranteed to be something for everyone.
For those still undecided, we’ve also put together a delicious video of barbecue season. Check it out!
Want to use your smartphone for travel? Get the free recipe app from BILD der FRAU straight to your mobile phone! Find lots of quick and easy recipes, inspiration for a great dinner with friends or a delicacy for your home bakery. Apple users can use the app Download from here – Android users in turn Find it here.