Cleaning green asparagus is quick, but not necessary in many cases. We will show you what to consider and how to properly process green asparagus.
Unlike white asparagus, green asparagus is not pricked as soon as the head emerges from the ground, but the other way around grows in the sun further. That’s why we need green asparagus no black foil. It gets its green color from sunlight and more useful vitamins and a stronger flavor than white asparagus.
Because green asparagus is cheaper to grow and harvest than white, it’s usually a little cheaper. It is also less complicated to prepare. As the skin is thin, there is usually no need to peel green asparagus! If you buy it seasonally, you can be sure that its growth has not been artificially accelerated by heaters or thermal foils. So there’s a lot to be said for reaching for seasonal green asparagus.
To warn: The use of foil especially when growing white asparagus makes it a real problem for the environment. Film production and disposal not only pollutes the environment, but also destroys the habitat of many endangered bird species.
Clean, cut or break green asparagus?
Whether or not you need to peel green asparagus depends on how you harvest it. If the bottom third is pinkish-white and hard, be sure to clean that part and cut off any dry ends. White sand has not seen sunlight and is still very firm and brittle after baking.
Asparagus solid green is a profession the last finger width only far from. Asparagus skin should be green and soft definitely don’t strain. The majority vitamins stuck under the lid. If the asparagus spears are still very thick and the skin feels tough, peel only the bottom third.
You can also break green asparagus instead of cutting it. Asparagus because it is impossible to break the uneaten part break up from the woody end. This way, you don’t need to peel or use a knife and you can prepare your asparagus quickly and easily. But asparagus has a lot to do with that be fresh and crisp.
Green asparagus tastes best fresh from the market. If necessary, you can wrap it in a damp cloth in the refrigerator and keep it fresh for several days.
To avoid long transport routes and to protect the environment and climate, asparagus should only be purchased regionally and seasonally. To make sure your asparagus is chemical-free, shop around organic asparagus.
Boil green asparagus
The easiest You can prepare green asparagus in boiling salted water. The cooking time is much shorter than that of white asparagus and is only around eight minutes depending on the thickness. Then you can take it with you in a classic way hollandaise sauce to eat vegetarian hollandaise sauce to serve.
To preserve the bright green color of asparagus, you can add a little white vinegar or lemon juice to the cooking water and shock it with ice water after cooking.
Or you Roasted Green Asparagus with something cooking oil or oil in a pan. Cut into small pieces, it is cooked in five minutes.
Of course it will Also grilled asparagus or the like Cooking asparagus put in the oven. Greens are especially delicious Asparagus soup. You can also boil the wooden ends that you removed earlier as a soup. That way, you’ll use every gram of your precious asparagus and end up with no leftovers to throw away.
More Asparagus Tips:
Prepare green asparagus with pasta
For four servings of this asparagus recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- 500 g of green asparagus
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250 grams of tomatoes
- 1 spoon of vegetable oil
- bell pepper
- 2 Art Wild garlic oil
In about 30 minutes, you have prepared a meal with green asparagus:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add the pasta. Cook the noodles until they are done.
- Peel the bottom third of the green asparagus, if necessary, remove any wooden tips. Then cut the asparagus into pieces of three to four centimeters.
- Peel the onion and garlic. Cut the onion Cut the garlic cloves into cubes and use a sharp knife.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stems and cut them into cubes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Fry onions in it for a few minutes. Then add the asparagus and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Wash and finely chop the basil. Season vegetables with basil, salt and pepper.
- Fold the noodles into the vegetables along with the wild garlic oil.
Green Asparagus Recipes: Mushroom and Asparagus Salad
For four servings of salad you will need:
You should plan about 20 minutes to prepare green asparagus and other ingredients:
- If necessary, peel the bottom third of the asparagus and remove the woody ends. Cut the asparagus into 3- to 4-inch pieces.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Fry the asparagus in it for five to seven minutes, then set it aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms for about three minutes.
- Wash the cocktail tomatoes and cut them in half. Add them to the mushrooms and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the remaining oil with the balsamic vinegar, honey, pepper and salt.
- Wash and finely chop the mint.
- Mix the asparagus with the mushrooms and tomatoes. Mix vegetables and mushrooms with salt.
- Fold the mint and sesame seeds into the salad.
Make Asparagus Pizza with Green Asparagus
This Green Asparagus Pizza Serves Four. To prepare them you need:
- 1 pizza dough (tip: Pizza dough without yeast)
- 300 grams of green asparagus
- 250 g of spinach leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 1 st vegan margarine
- 150 ml (vegetable) milk
- 2 spoons of flour
- Green onions
- bell pepper
If you have already prepared the pizza dough, the asparagus pizza will take about 35 minutes to prepare. It takes five more minutes to make a pizza crust without yeast. Choose one Pizza dough with yeastThe recipe takes about half an hour longer.
- If necessary, peel the bottom third of the asparagus and cut off the woody ends. Then cut the asparagus into pieces about two centimeters.
- Wash and finely chop the spinach.
- Peel the onion and cut into rings.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Fry the asparagus for 3-5 minutes. Then put it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion in it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spinach for 3-4 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the margarine (vegetable) in a saucepan with the milk.
- Stirring constantly, add the flour and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Wash the onion and cut it into small rolls.
- Season the sauce with onion, salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough thinly on a floured work surface and brush with the sauce.
- Now spread the asparagus, spinach and onions on the pizza.
- Bake the finished pizza at 250 degrees Celsius top/bottom heat for 15-20 minutes.
Read more from Utopia:
** marked with ** or underlined in orange Some of the links to the sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we receive a small part of the sales revenue. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thanks for voting!